Are you interested in working with SCBC? We’re hiring a Summer Assistant Coordinator!
Job responsibilities include:
- Planning and coordination of community events (Stewardship Roundtable at 2018 International Ornithological Congress ), meetings, and workshops;
- Acting as a Research Assistant to Green Shores and Species at Risk projects;
- Assisting with the development of Stewardship Centre for BC e-newsletters and communication materials; including website content, reports, & emails; and
- Administrative duties including electronic filing and office organization.
This contract position is:
- for 36 hrs/week for up to 16 weeks
- beginning at May 8, 2018 (or a mutually agreeable start date)
- at SCBC offices on Bowen Island & from your home office.
Applicants must meet the following Canada Summer Jobs criteria:
- between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
DEADLINE for applying: 5:00 pm, March 31, 2018.
Send Cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org